[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Documents on the website
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Documents on the website
- From: "K Strauss" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:29:11 -0500
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:03:03 -0500
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"cAkBbC.A.wGF.OUBv0"@kani.wwa.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
How about putting PDF versions of documents such as this on the web site?
That way those without PostScript printers could view/print. PDF files are
somewhat larger than ASCII (this file is 317K or 200K when zipped) but
retain all equations, illustrations, etc.
>Stupendous Man wrote:
> This is the Postscript version.
>> Perhaps this will help those who have been having trouble downloading
>> a copy for themselves.
...good thoughts elided...
>I've made the paper more accessible
>for those who have not yet install Ghostscript on their systems.
>I made a text only version by use of an automated process.
>No pictures or equations. It is good enough for skimming. You
>will want the type-set equations and figures for detailed study.
>Plain ASCII file is 28K long it is readable but needs proofing
>and minor hand edits. I have moved it to
>ftp.tass-survey.org/pup/incoming maybe someone will do the
>proof/edit work. It is best not to put it on a web page until
>this work has been done.
> firstname.lastname@example.org Voice: 818-351-0089 X127
> Logicon RDA, Pasadena California Fax: 818-351-0699